Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioural (DBT) Therapies
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is based on several core principles which state that psychological problems are based on faulty or unhelpful ways of thinking and learned patterns of unhelpful behaviors.
A Therapist Will Help You:
• Learn to recognize distorted thinking patterns that are creating problems
• Gain an understanding of the behavior and motivation of others
• Learn to develop a greater sense of confidence in your abilities
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a type of cognitive behavioural therapy.
Its main goals are to:
• Teach people how to live in the moment
• Help you cope with stress in healthy ways
• Help you regulate emotions
• Help you improve your relationships with others